Saturday, October 22, 2011

BBN Track: 15/10/2011

15/10/2011 - Track | Race

Season opener at BBN. B grade. Format: Scratch, Points and Kierin.

Scratch: I succumbed to a mechanical - DNF (cringe).
Points: Confidence blown to pieces by the previous DNF and an acute paranoia that the gear I was running was too big - we rolled off.. I raced conservatively.. 3rd place and confidence restored. There was a selection mid way through that I chose not to chase, but in retrospect should have - I definitely had the legs.
Kierin: Fun but not my bag - finished with the bunch, the pure sprinters dominated. Need to think about changing my tactics here - sitting in until the bunch kick will get me nowhere..

Ok start to the season - will ride more aggressively from now on as self belief now in a more healthy place (1st racing since accident, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment