Monday, January 9, 2012

BBN Track: 07/01/2012

07/01/2012 - Track | Race

New year opener at BBN. B grade. Format: Scratch, Progressive Points and Motor Pace.

Scratch: 15 Laps. Very steady tempo for 13 laps. Was at the front of the paceline with 2 laps to go and when peeling off folded back 3/4 of the way and waited in the wings. 1.5 laps to go I jumped and held off the bunch until ~15m remained - Barry Woods and Jono Dent came around me. 3rd Place.

Progressive Points: Poor judgement saw me earn no points here. Jono Dent jumped early to start collecting some of the early points and was consolidating a sizable gap on the rest of the field. I took it upon myself to chase him down (dragged the field along with) and left myself pretty empty for the remainder of the race. I chased fast - I don't know why.. 0 Points.

Motor Pace: 15 Laps. 1.5 laps to go the derny pulled off, a few riders pulled level across the track. Everyone watching everyone else. I jumped as hard as possible and led for the lap. With 1/4 lap remaining Rob Monteath came around and started to get a good gap on me, but I held off remainder of the field to cross the line 2nd Place.


3rd overall. Reasonable result considering the points race bungle.

No comments:

Post a Comment